Outer Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sanctuary where soldiers would not be used as a pawn of their government. Here, soldiers would always have a place, be it in the battlefield or in society in general.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Poll
Should the Official Outer-Haven Game include Character/Skill/Action Cards?
Yes, they make the game more interesting.
Should we add Cards to the game? I_vote_lcap100%Should we add Cards to the game? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No, It would be too complex and confusing.
Should we add Cards to the game? I_vote_lcap0%Should we add Cards to the game? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Like Cards from Magic the Gathering?
Should we add Cards to the game? I_vote_lcap0%Should we add Cards to the game? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3
Links
Latest topics
» CV2: IX38.0
Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:40 am by BOSS+

» Should we add Cards to the game?
Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:44 am by BOSS+

» Outer-Haven: Boss+
Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:35 pm by BOSS+

» CV2: IX37.0
Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:22 pm by BOSS+

» CV2: IX36.0
Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:54 pm by BOSS+

» Drebin Units = GM's
Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:47 pm by BOSS+

» Ranking Structure:
Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:31 pm by BOSS+

Brothers-In-Arms
Photobucket

Should we add Cards to the game?

Go down 
2 posters

Should the Official Outer-Haven Game include Character/Skill/Action Cards?
Yes, they make the game more interesting.
Should we add Cards to the game? I_vote_lcap100%Should we add Cards to the game? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No, It would be too complex and confusing.
 0% [ 0 ]
Like Cards from Magic the Gathering?
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
BOSS+
Big Boss
BOSS+

Base : Outer-Haven
M.O. : FOXHOUND Leader
Credits : 5444

Should we add Cards to the game? Empty
PostSubject: Should we add Cards to the game?   Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:16 am

This is Big Boss..

I've been rolling the idea around in my head for quite some time now. And decided to ask the players and GMs instead of making a dictating decision. Should the game include cards that will increase or decrease your advantage in the game?

Examples:

Liquid Mask: [Costs: 180 - Duration: 1/1 Uses - Requirements: You need the Metal Gear Rex Card.]
Use this Card to create the Genome PMC. With it you can recruit anyone (It doesn’t matter if they’re dressed like metal gear characters, Sailor moon, Naruto, Umbrella Corp. Recruit anyone!) With it your Metal Gear Rex Card increases it’s uses from 2/2 to 5/5 uses and only costs half the cost to renew the card.

Johnny Mask: [Costs: 30 points - Duration: 2 hours]
Can’t be attacked in bathrooms.

Ocelot Mask: [Costs: 30 points - Duration: 2 Hours]
If the user of this card is near neko/s user cannot be “shot” at. But if user is near a ninja of “any” kind, then the user is at risk of losing two dog tags if attacked.

Otacon Mask: [Costs: 30 points - Duration: 5/5 Uses]

Cannot be attacked if near a computer of some sort. Or reading a manga.

I have many other cards made up but I do not want to make the game too complex to the point where players and GMs become confused and frustrated with the game. And decide to quit. So I could honestly use some suggestions on the topic and if you could, please vote in the poll below so I know who is with it or against it.

Be honest. I would hate to make a mistake with this decision.

-Boss Out-
Back to top Go down
http://OUTER--HAVEN.webs.com
SilverFox

SilverFox

Base : Florida, Inside the pit of the Rat's mouth
M.O. : Female. (Need I say more?)
Credits : 5362

PostSubject: Re: Should we add Cards to the game?   Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:44 pm

SilverFox here Reporting in.

I would like to offer my assistance if needed for any graphics or such is needed. I'm pretty creative and I can be resourceful. I like this card idea. If you would like to accept my offer. It stands open here. Feel free to reach myself on my private network if needed. My missions sometimes keep me quite occupied. I take them seriously. Making me unable to frequently check the global network.

SilverFox Signing out.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kirarahottie
BOSS+
Big Boss
BOSS+

PostSubject: Re: Should we add Cards to the game?   Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:12 pm

That's Awesome,

Sure I can give you a list of he cards.. Via E-mail or by some other means. If you have any ideas for cards let me know. ^_^
Back to top Go down
SilverFox

SilverFox

Base : Florida, Inside the pit of the Rat's mouth
M.O. : Female. (Need I say more?)
Credits : 5362

PostSubject: Re: Should we add Cards to the game?   Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:20 pm

SilverFox Reporting in.

That's fine I can take them through email or anything else PM or whatever. I'll take a look and submit any ideas I come up with to you.

SilverFox Signing out.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/kirarahottie
BOSS+
Big Boss
BOSS+

PostSubject: Re: Should we add Cards to the game?   Should we add Cards to the game? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:44 am

Alrighty.. Sorry I didn't get back to you in a timely fashion.. I had left the state for a few days and just got back. I have a list of ideas I'll just post up in this forum for now so you can access them easily. ^_^ These are some that I had jotted down a while ago, long before I met you guys. Still trying to remember where I put the rest of them though. I think I didn't type them up but wrote them down on a piece of paper or something.. heh. Anyways.. I'll post the rest up when I find them. ^_^

~ABOUT THE CARDS~

You can only carry 4 cards at a time. Trading Cards isn’t allowed unless done so with a GM’s permission (needs to be recorded mainly). Once a card is used you cannot use it again unless it only has a time limit. If it’s a Multiple use card then feel free to use it as many times as the card allows you to use it. I.e. 1/1 Uses mean you can only use the card once. If it says 5/5 Uses then you can use the card five times before it is exhausted, it’s then that you need to return it to the Barracks or a GM.

+ + + + + + + + +

CARD KEY
Cards are simple. You take on the skills, traits, and ability's of some of the characters/Items from the Metal Gear Series..

Now to explain the cards stats (More will be added to these eventually.)

Card: [Costs: 00 - Duration: 00 - Requirements: 00]

Card is where the name of the card goes.

Costs, that is how much credit it will cost you to buy that particular card.

Duration is how long the card will last.. at times, duration will be replaced with "Uses" which determines how many times you can use the card before it expires.

Some of the cards have Requirements[. These are basically a number of items or people you need in order for you to be eligible to buy this card and activate it.

Most of the cards are marked N/A, No Limit, or just blank.. meaning the stats have no been decided yet.

~The Dog Tags~

You get four tags at the beginning of each game. There are two ways of killing/being killed. And that is Assault or Stealth. When using Assault to kill, you gain +5 Points and the person who was killed will mark they’re tag with a red marker/pen. When using Stealth to kill you gain +8 Points and the person who was killed will mark they’re tag with a blue marker/Pen. [Point system is due to change eventually to make things fair since some people like assault better than stealth.... and vice verse. D_^]

Red-Tag: Assault Worth +5 points

Blue-Tag: Stealth Worth +8 Points

Green-Tag: 1-UP Tag... gives you an extra life (full set of dog tags.)

~Cardboard Box’s~
[The purpose for Cardboard Box Cards/figurines is to display your ability to sneak into certain areas unnoticed hence, the enemy soldiers ignore your there]

Box-A:

Box-B:

Box-C:

Box-X:

Box-Y:

Box-Z:

~The Wigs~
[Wigs are perks. They multiply how much Credit/Exp. you earn.]

Blue Wig:

Green Wig:

Red Wig:

Purple Wig:

Brown Wig:

Black Wig:

White Wig:

~Masks~

Solid Mask:
[Costs: 00 - Duration: 00 - Requirements: 00.]

Liquid Mask: [Costs: 180 - Duration: 1/1 Uses - Requirements: You need the Metal Gear Rex Card.]
Use this Card to create the Genome PMC. With it you can recruit anyone (It doesn’t matter if they’re dressed like metal gear characters, Sailor moon, Naruto, Umbrella Corp. Recruit anyone!) With it your Metal Gear Rex Card increases it’s uses from 2/2 to 5/5 uses and only costs half the cost to renew the card.

Solidus Mask: [Costs: 300 points - Duration: 1/1 Uses - Requires: 4 Members.]
Use this card to Create your own Unit/PMC known as “Dead Cell” Members gain the Dead Cell Card.
4 members are required to fill in the character slots of Solidus, Fortune, Vamp, and Fatman/Emperor of Explosive. Fortune only has two dog tags and cannot be shot or killed unless an enemy carries the Ocelot Card. Vamp only has two dog tags and cannot be shot or killed unless an enemy carries the Vamp Card. Fatman only has two dog tags and cannot be shot or killed unless an enemy has the Coolant Card. Solidus has one dog tag and cannot be shot or killed unless fortune, Vamp, and Fatman are all dead.

Old Mask: [Costs: 100 - Duration: 10/10 Uses Requirements: Must be a Snake Clone to Use.]
At the Cost of a few points and 2 dog tags you have been injected with FOXDIE. All enemy “Snake Clones” you come in contact with lose all they’re dog tags to you. But you need to obtain the FOXALIVE card before you kill the 10th Snake Clone or else you will forfeit all your earnings. If any Enemy Snake Clones carries the FOXALIVE Card then you forfeit all your dog tags and earnings to this person. Be Careful.

Big Boss Mask: [Costs: N/A - Duration: No Limit]

Liquid Ocelot Mask: [Costs: N/A - Duration: No Limit]
The Legendary Soldier. Persons found with the Bog Boss Mask Cards are none other than a leader of a Beauty and Beast PMC.

Boss Mask: [Costs: N/A - Duration: No limit.]
This card is given to GM’s who are participating in the game as well. They have no power or authority except to remind players of the rules, explain the cards, and if need be settle conflicting card issues. They’re only skill perk would be that they cannot be killed with Assault, only CQC attacks will gain you a dog tag from the GM’s. (CQC Attacks consist of Advanced Stealth Attacks.) The GM’s also educate you on the storyline/current mission for your PMC.

Meryl Mask: [Costs: 300 points - Duration: 1/1 - Requires: 4 Members]
Use this card to Create your own Unit/PMC known as “Rat Patrol 01” Members gain the Rat Patrol 01 Card. Four members are required to fill in the character slots of Meryl, Ed, Jonathan, and Johnny “Akiba” Sasaki. [this card needs skill sets assigned to it.]

Johnny Mask: [Costs: 30 points - Duration: 2 hours]
Can’t be attacked in bathrooms.

Ocelot Mask: [Costs: 30 points - Duration: 2 Hours]
If the user of this card is near neko/s user cannot be “shot” at. But if user is near a ninja of “any” kind, then the user is at risk of losing two dog tags if attacked.

Vamp Mask: [Costs: 10 points - Duration: 20 Minutes]
This Card allows it’s user to be invincible to all threats. But can only attack an enemy in close quarters. (That means no long range weapons. Only Stealth with handgun or knives.)

Raiden Mask:

Otacon Mask: [Costs: 30 points - Duration: 5/5 Uses]
Cannot be attacked if near a computer of some sort. Or reading a manga.

Olga Mask: [Costs: 30 points - Durations: 1/1 Uses]
Use the Mask Card to turn your “Unit” into it’s own PMC.

~ITEMS~

FOXALIVE:
[Costs: 700 points - Duration: 1/1 Uses]
If you carry this card and you are a snake clone then you will not be killed by FOXDIE. But in fact kill the person who carries the Solid Mask Card. If you have both the Solid Mask Card and FOXALIVE Card then all other snake clones you encounter will forfeit all they’re dog tags to you. And you will not die from FOXDIE. [If this card is combined with the Solid Mask Card then the Duration of this card last until the Solid Mask Card is used up.]

NUKE:

~METAL GEARS~

Shagohod:

Metal Gear RAXA:

ICBMG:

Metal Gear TX-55:

Metal Gear D:

Metal Gear REX:
[Costs: N/A - Duration: 2/2 Uses - Requirements: NUKE Card]
Destroys or Recruit Ninjas. Gain 1,000 points.

Metal Gear RAY:

Arsenal Gear:

Metal Gear Gekko:

Metal Gear Mk. II:

Metal Gear Chaioth Ha Qadesh:

Metal Gear GANDER:

Metal Gear KODOQUE:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we add Cards to the game?   Should we add Cards to the game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we add Cards to the game?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Outer Haven :: The General's Desk :: Suggestions-
Jump to: